Saturday, December 27, 2008

I didn't write much.

(I don't feel like editing this blog post.)

I was going to post a blog but its two o'clock on Sunday morning and I can't think of anything new to say. I was going to talk about waking up every morning with a sense of existential dread about the mysteries the world held counterbalanced with my fear of all the stuff I actually needed to accomplish; but I pretty much summed it up in that one sentence. After the shower and stepping out the door for work, I am usually over my mental incapacitation so long as I am busy.

It is odd how some distractions are beneficial and some are detrimental. A writer trying to write a piece is quite different from the writer being driven mad by all the thoughts in his or her head. In the former case, distraction is a killer; in the latter, the savior. C.S. Lewis said that sin is like playing a note in a song at the wrong time. It isn't that the note is wrong, its just not its place. I suppose distractions are a lot like that too. In fact most all of life is like that. Perhaps were all just comedians looking for the perfect timing? Perhaps we are all just taking ourselves a bit too seriously?

Anyway, I have got some sleeping to accomplish.

1 comment:

Spencer Troxell said...

I look forward to your post about existential dread. I'm sure it will be hilarious.

PS: Is it just me, or does it seem like blogger is trying to send us secret messages with their word verifications? A verification for a comment I made on another friend's blog recently read 'comesad'. What does that mean? The verification for this comment reads 'sadinism'. You don't say?

Creepy.